Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers] Character Cards about Chosen Regulars

card

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

asktmsaklm

asktmsaklm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Edited by asktmsaklm, 07 June 2014 - 10:49 AM.

asktmsaklm

asktmsaklm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Source : http://inutero3334.blog.me/140140935496

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
What I see from this is:

1. Fisherman is the most difficult position to master.
2. Anak's weapon is Ranker status.
3. Koon's weapon (Manbarondena) is above average, though still lower than expected (probably more for utility)
4. Rankers have a greater potential for growth than the average Regular.
5. Princesses have a greater potential than most people, even Rankers (probably why they were chosen to begin with)
6. Rankers are generally in the B/C level.

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Docablo

Docablo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
Baam got an A rank pocket right? That means baam's pocket is better than the Rankers.

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
There was talk about some a-grade items being in a great families treasure room and you have to remember he got it from Evan and Evan is VERY highly ranked I bet the phone function gets free long distance.

asktmsaklm

asktmsaklm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
if you can't see the image, plz tell me.

Zoro

Zoro

Potato

• Donator
  • 184 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, U.S.
I can't see the image. QQ

Thank you for posting this. I was in the dark about what those numbers meant. I mean, I did know that the lower the number, the better you were, but I didn't know what they were grading. xD

I have a question though: why the big difference between Anak and Androssi? They looked equal to me before the cards came out. QQ
Posted Image

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts

Thank you for posting this. I was in the dark about what those numbers meant. I mean, I did know that the lower the number, the better you were, but I didn't know what they were grading. xD

I have a question though: why the big difference between Anak and Androssi? They looked equal to me before the cards came out. QQ

Androssi was toying with her the entire time. You can tell since she easily recovered even after Anak managed to get her the first time.

The two fell since Androssi was too careless and wasn't paying attention to her high heels...her shoes became a handicap.

▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Zageron

Zageron

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada
What are the exact meanings of the graph labels? I see that two of them are Strength and Shinsoo Control ability. what are the other two?

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts

What are the exact meanings of the graph labels? I see that two of them are Strength and Shinsoo Control ability. what are the other two?

From the top, going clockwise: Physical strength, physical defense, shinsoo control, shinsoo defense.

▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

asktmsaklm

asktmsaklm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

i fixed images' url. and added Qunt blitz

Edited by Greenanatoly, 28 October 2011 - 07:09 AM.

Zageron

Zageron

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada
This potentiality thing is odd. Is that the expected cap for their skill level over all? Rak's is so low!! :(

asktmsaklm

asktmsaklm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Edited by asktmsaklm, 07 June 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Oscuro

Oscuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
both Anak and Androssi have fisherman: impossible - huh?is it because they still fight more like scouts? surely, they are a little more resilient, but they lack defensive equipment
but why the hell were they picked as FMs? Now that i think about it, every princess is FM right?

a little Off-topic: it's not like I wanna be a nitpicking a$$, but Androssi's name is a little different. Do korean ppl pronounce it more like the originaly translated name? (I know nothing about korean language :-))

cyborgmosquito

cyborgmosquito

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts
Interesting that it is impossible for new regulars to be fisherman. Maybe they consider u for your potential in that class but inorder for it to be actually viable, u have to already be much much greater in it compared to your fellow regulars.

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts
Thanks for the translation; these stat cards are informative, but I can't help feeling disappointed that SIU decided to release them, though. :unsure:

Anyway, here's what I've gathered from the cards:
  • Most of the Regulars (even some of the stronger ones such as Rak, Hatsu, and Laure) aren't anything special. Assuming that Regulars must become at least C-class to successfully climb the Tower, it would seem like the "Potential" stat on the cards condemn all but Anak, Koon, and Androssi to failure.
  • Despite its flashiness, Narumada is only D-class. This helps explain why it wasn't that effective against Quant and why Androssi was willing to give it back after the fight. Also, the method of igniting an ignition weapon is even more of a mystery now, IMO. Hong has almost no shinsoo control and his willpower isn't any better than average; I had originally thought that ignition required a strong will and some measure of shinsoo control from the weapon's wielder, but apparently that's not the case.
  • Koon's bag is less than it's made out to be (low E-class). It's sturdy enough to act as a shield and can infinitely replicate basic items/weapons (a Spearbearer's dream, hahah), but these traits apparently don't count for much.
  • Green April and Ren's puppet are both in the lower B-class. IIRC, SIU claimed sometime before that the 13-month series aren't the most powerful weapons in the Tower, but they were "special" in a different way. Since Ren was able to create a puppet rivalling the strength of the Green April, this appears to be true. My theory is that the 13-month series are the only sentient weapons, but that of course remains unconfirmed. As a side-note, I think I remember it being mentioned that the Black March is between A- and B-class.
  • For whatever reason, the Fisherman position is special in an unspecified way. I have no idea why it's apparently "impossible" for all of the regulars (when that clearly isn't true for Anak and Androssi), but meh.
  • There were plenty of hints before, but it's now obvious that Androssi is significantly stronger/more experienced than Anak. It makes sense since Anak inherited Jahad's power without any effort, while Androssi had to go through harsh training before being selected as a Princess. It's important to note that they have similar potential, though (upper/mid A-class).
  • Ren is wayyy too headstrong for his own good. He's on the lower end of B-class, but he wanted to start what could have been a lethal fight with the Director, despite knowing that the Director was nominated to become a High Ranker. Since only the top 1% of Rankers are eligible for this, I would imagine that the Director is likely A-class and easily more than a match for Ren.
  • There was speculation before about Evan being a High Ranker, and while we still can't know for sure, there's some strong evidence for this now. For reference, Ren, Lero-ro, and Quant all have B-class Pockets, but Evan just happened to have a spare A-class Pocket which he willingly (almost trivially) gave away to Baam. He can't be a normal Ranker if he has something that precious to freely hand out, right?
  • As seen in the "Potential" stats of the Rankers, Ren and Lero-ro have pretty much become as strong as they're ever going to be, while Quant still has uptapped potential (currently mid C-class, but can improve to mid/low B-class), possibly due to his special class of "Flamer" (no clue what that means). Quant previously said (IIRC) that Rankers can continuously grow stronger through shinsoo training, but the fact that there's a "Potential" stat appears to contradict this.
Well, that's all I can think of for now.

I still feel like releasing these character stats was a bad move on SIU's part though, IMHO. It spoils a lot of the mystery in ToG, and the stats seem a bit off to me, as well. It's irritating, TBH. For example, how was Hatsu able to fight fairly evenly against Anak in that first test? Anak doesn't seem like the type to hold back while fighting, but she greatly outclasses Hatsu in most of the stats. Also, Hatsu is seen levitating/manipulating his swords using shinsoo several times throughout the comic (as well as moving faster and being stronger than is humanly possible - presumably by strengthening his body with shinsoo), but his card indicates that he has almost no skill in shinsoo control...? There are also some smaller things which bother me, such as Rak and Aleksei being barely stronger (physically) than the other Regulars despite having much larger bodies and being able to leap great distances/punch through solid rock. Hell, Koon is supposedly as physically strong as Rak and stronger than Aleksei, according to their cards. There are other problems, but I'm ranting, so I'll stop here.

I'm a ToG fangirl, but all of these little discrepancies really bother me. :mellow:

/wall of text

Styx

Styx

Potato

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
^ I don't think the potential stat should be taken as a limit on their growth. Rather take it as a measurement of talent and the ability to further increase their power at a faster rate.

Zageron

Zageron

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada
Actually... wouldn't it be kind of cliché if all of the main characters were going to be overpowered and masters of the tower by the end? This makes more sense in the fact that not everyone is going to be as strong as the strongest.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Is this correct for Lero-ro

Lero-ro

position

scout: 40
spearman: 10
wave controller: 30
light bearer: 60
fisherman: -15

special position : Lightening user or Thunder user

physical ability: 3C
shinsoo control ability: 9B
intelligence: 3C
weapon mastery: 5C
potentiality: 10B
willpower: 3C
weapon's level: 2C
pocket: B
inventory: 9B 9B
mobile: D
lighthouse: 7B
wand: -

overall: 10B

Edited by baam99, 29 October 2011 - 06:55 AM.

Argent Witch

Argent Witch

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 256 posts

^ I don't think the potential stat should be taken as a limit on their growth. Rather take it as a measurement of talent and the ability to further increase their power at a faster rate.

That's a good point I hadn't considered, although I still feel as if there has to be some sort of limit on their growth. Since anyone sufficiently skilled in manipulating shinsoo becomes immortal (at least in regard to ageing), also being able to strengthen themselves limitlessly thereafter seems a bit... overpowered? Hmm.

We'll see what happens as ToG progresses, I suppose.

Actually... wouldn't it be kind of cliché if all of the main characters were going to be overpowered and masters of the tower by the end? This makes more sense in the fact that not everyone is going to be as strong as the strongest.

(I'm not sure if you were responding to me, so if you weren't feel free to ignore this! :P)

Mhm, I don't expect Baam and co. to all become monstrously powerful and completely blow through the Tower (ToG is only supposed to be one of many stories set in SIU's "Talse Uzer" universe, after all), but some of these cards just don't make much sense to me after having seen the characters in action.

Edited by Argent Witch, 28 October 2011 - 10:09 PM.