Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers] Tower of God Chapter 66

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Avlis

Avlis

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany
Rak seems badass in this one. As well as Laure... did he spot Yuri coming?

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=67&weekday=mon

Off topic: why is this forum so empty these last times? There was some chapters with 7 pages of discussion, and now it almost doesn't get to the 2nd page.,..

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Good chapter, the asshole spear bearer screws up again lolz.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

ALF

ALF

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
I think the count of posts say something what people think of this test. It is probably a bad concept of test. The storry should really be a bit faster.

Avlis

Avlis

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany
Yeah ALF, I agree with you, the other test seemed a bit more interesting. But this one seemed at first that would be less "brute force" and more thinking.

The past test had also a lot of thinking, but in the end it was decided by "who can fight the regular face-to-face". Androssi and Baam did, koon and anak not so much.
Hmm.. confusing... but still, the present test, at least for me, has the "fight" factor less obvious than the past one.

Well, i still think it is really interesting... Im looking forward to see how will androssi escape from the bull, that is, if she makes it... Anak got hurt, but it seems like Ren will not kill her, after all he just wanted the Green April...

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts
The test objective does seem a bit conbaluted but I like it.

cyborgmosquito

cyborgmosquito

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts

I think the count of posts say something what people think of this test. It is probably a bad concept of test. The storry should really be a bit faster.

Alternatively, it could just be that people aren't sure what to debate. Maybe we should resurrect the old irregulars debate XD .... JK. Another reason could be that with school back up for most people they could just not have all the time in the world atm to post on a comic forum.

We could take the time to reread some of the older threads though and resurface some various points we think are interesting or make good debate topics. Such as the nature of movement in shinsoo or something.

bigfatcat

bigfatcat

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
ANAK IS ALIVE!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!
If you wasted your time reading this, you just got scammed...

RedGlow

RedGlow

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 41 posts
To me it is a boring test with a buildup of weak chapters. What hooked me to the series was Baam's quest to find Lahel, yet the author got them together in a terribly awful way that left me saying "I've been waiting all this time for this?" I'm sure SIU has a nice BaamxLahel scene that will unravel all the mysteries that remain, but for now he keeps overplaying the questions we used to discuss to the point they have become stale.

Right now I would love to know more background on their world, and there used to be posts with translations of things like rankers and their backgrounds that came from SIU's blog, I havent seen any of that lately.
I am dying to know what was that scene in chapter 25 with Lahel being held by her hair. Things like that made this series exciting, but I cant think of SIU doing that in the more recent chapters.

Supposedly this story ends in 15-20 chapters, it is obvious the story wont be about them climbing the tower to see the stars and I can already tell there wont be satisfactory closure to many side issues like KoonXMaria. Still like the series, but it sure needs some more excitement beyond Baam pushing Lahel on a wheelchair towards Momma Whales dinner plate.
Posted Image

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Spoiler

ANAK IS ALIVE!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

barely....TT

This test IS moving along a bit slow... this chapter we have Koon's motives about leading the spearbearers off the frying pan and into the fire to think about... This is HELL!!!! haha
Let's just kill parakewl and be done with it. shall we?

so will anak really die?? she is an important factor in the stoty.... but then most of her mysteries are cleared up, so maybe SIU has nothing more to do with her. like ho...
also a factor to consider is that SIU has been highlighting Androssi-anak pair a lot.

moomooo

moomooo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Supposedly this story ends in 15-20 chapters, it is obvious the story wont be about them climbing the tower to see the stars and I can already tell there wont be satisfactory closure to many side issues like KoonXMaria. Still like the series, but it sure needs some more excitement beyond Baam pushing Lahel on a wheelchair towards Momma Whales dinner plate.

Where did you hear that the series will be ending in 15-20 chapters? I've heard comments that "knowing the author, the series will run for about 2 years" which would agree with your statement too. I'm just curious as to see why people say this, because it's a great series, but as you pointed out, if it really were to end so soon the author would have to have a weak ending whilst neglecting a lot of the side stories in place.

But then again, someone pointed out on another site that ToG is just like an introduction to the universe and perhaps Baam is just a catalyst to a new "crisis" that will then become the focus of another series?

Zero

Zero

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
This series is at nowhere to able to end it short. it now just all no answer theory. It achieved the goal of Baam is find Lahel, so if it end, it should end right now or keep go on to resolve at least some major mystery. It is very well develop now.

Lazy Tiger

Lazy Tiger

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 526 posts
Thank you Cadence again for the wonderful and fast translation! :)

And, about the recent lack of talk about the ToG chapters... I think that that's just how things are in every story... You can't make every chapter as interesting or as exciting as the last. Some are just transitional chapters to move the story forward to the climax. Also, these latest chapters were a bit shorter I think and you could understand a lot just by browsing through the raw pictures without a proper translation.

Much speculation was put into chapters with long dialogue and vague pictures...

I remember reading somewhere on the forum, probably a SIU blog post, that the whole ToG story would be about 3 seasons long, and the first season alone would be about 80 chapters... so the chances of the story ending in shortly and having a bad closure I think are very small...

Every test up till now has had something special and this one is no different. Even if it's moving a little slower than usual it will probably be great when it's all over. From what I can gather SIU doesn't like to repeat story elements so he won't make every test about fighting and action packed. He's tests are more about strategy and with many complex factors...

Just think if you can come up with some kind of prediction to the current test... For me it has so many variables that anything I can think about is most likely to be different than what SIU will come up with...

- One the one hand we have Baam and Lahel who are in a vague situation to say the least... Will they pass through the test without doing anything... Probably not, but then what will they do exactly? And what is that mysterious force that is powering up Baam?
- We have Androssi who, while she seems to be an important character, was in the middle of drowning and becoming Bull food...
- We have Anak and the wolf in sheep's clothes who just got the first of his objectives... the Green April... What will he do now, kill Anak or let her live?... what about the Black March?
- Also there's Lesoo who seems to be lost somewhere in search of the princesses... Will he reach Anak or Androssi first?... Or maybe neither?... What will be his role next in the story?
- What about what Laure and Hong chunhwa?... What were they doing at the beginning at the chapter?... Are they planning something with the dogs?... What?... Maybe they want to block the path of retreat of the dogs after they engage the thieves... or maybe something else?!... (Also, how funny is that, Laure calls his pillow and blanket his "kids" :P :)) )
- Rak was really badass this chapter, running like that from the thieves' army and jumping and landing on the bug kahuna worm in the middle of "hell"... how will he manage to escape?... even if he's an alligator (well, a talking spear wielding one), he will have one hell of o time...
- And lets not forget about Yuri & Co. They will arrive at the climax of the test most likely and things will really spice up then... Or maybe they won't reach the test in time and miss Baam entirely...
- There's also the secret blocked path that was revealed in the last chapter... what role will it play and where does it lead?

From my point of view, this test has so many interesting things in it that while it may seem boring, if you start thinking a bit about everything that's going on it's pretty amazing... These chapters are there to build up the foundation of what the test is all about... so I for one am really anxious to see how everything will unfold... But it will probably be at least awesome! :P... SIU hasn't disappointed me... not once until now...

Dr. Hiluluk

Dr. Hiluluk

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationHawaii
seems to me this chapter shows the reason why parakewl passed. I don't think he is working with the coffee monster but his scorpion nature is so pronounced that he can't help but sting all frogs before him. I imagine he is the ace in the hole to bring down the ship.

And there isn't as much to speculate about so I haven't been posting but that doesn't mean I don't find the chapters entertaining xD
"Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!"

kalafina23

kalafina23

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Rak seems badass in this one. As well as Laure... did he spot Yuri coming?

http://comic.naver.c...=67&weekday=mon

Off topic: why is this forum so empty these last times? There was some chapters with 7 pages of discussion, and now it almost doesn't get to the 2nd page.,..

i think he did, people dont come here as often because school is up
i for instance have so little time in weekdays to actually post something

Posted Image

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts

There really isn't anything to talk about other than theories. I kind of gave up on people's theories, I just couldn't stand reading them, some others have been absent from the latest chapter discussions too.

bigfatcat

bigfatcat

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
Has anyone wondered though... what's with the Mama Whale?
Everyone knows that Baam and Lahel won't just do NOTHING for the entire test. They're just waiting right now so that the princess/Ren story can take place. However, has anyone noticed that the whale is going to EAT THEM!?!?? And the Guardian worm thing chose the test based on Baam's unknown wish... I think the real test could well begin once Baam and Lahel are INSIDE the whale...
If you wasted your time reading this, you just got scammed...

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts

However, has anyone noticed that the whale is going to EAT THEM!?!?? And the Guardian worm thing chose the test based on Baam's unknown wish... I think the real test could well begin once Baam and Lahel are INSIDE the whale...

I agree I think that once they are eaten the others will have to defende the Queen from some unknown threat.
I don't think that Baam has any real role in this test.

PS: the Guardian is an eal

Avonesor

Avonesor

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 57 posts

Has anyone wondered though... what's with the Mama Whale?
Everyone knows that Baam and Lahel won't just do NOTHING for the entire test. They're just waiting right now so that the princess/Ren story can take place. However, has anyone noticed that the whale is going to EAT THEM!?!?? And the Guardian worm thing chose the test based on Baam's unknown wish... I think the real test could well begin once Baam and Lahel are INSIDE the whale...

ha! The mama whale!

it could be that she is very picky for her food and Baam has to make himself delicious. ha ha!
I don't really know but you might have a point here. The roles of both the mama whale and Baam seem way to small.

jamie_1318

jamie_1318

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada Ontario
I just wish that they moved along the floors a little quicker. The first floor was like 2 chapters, and the second has been like 64 chapters. I get the plot development but one of the things this manga had going for it early on was rapid changes of location, something to keep the reader on edge. It's still a really good manwa but it seems like it's kinda stuck all the time.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
HI just checked the authors blog, found some stats.

Ship Lee Soo: Sorry tried to connect the image here...but problems.