Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers] Tower of God Chapter 62

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Avonesor

Avonesor

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 57 posts
Chapter 62:
http://comic.naver.c...&no=63&weekday=

The "Coffee Freak" picture was 1000x lol
...and the Koon-plan is explained (or at least part of it anyway)

Edited by Avonesor, 04 September 2011 - 04:08 PM.

Oscuro

Oscuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
to me it looks like Koon wants to lure every enemy to Bull and let him/her eat them :)

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Tower of God has been moving way too slow lately. Feels like they spent a chapter on Androssi and Anak agreeing to take turns fighting the bull or something. Sure, a bit of koon plan was explained, but I thought that interactions between Anak and Androssi would be more interesting than this.

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts
Another great chapter by SIU. Not much action so far but I am thinking that changes soon.

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts
Here is the google translation for the first part of the chapter when the group is discussing thier plans for this test:
Spoiler

Edited by Pasteduck, 04 September 2011 - 05:39 PM.

Tammy

Tammy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 235 posts
Anak & Androssi arguing moments got stale to me :batoto_014:

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
OMG coffee freak lol I want that coffee machine even though i don't like coffee

don't worry about the anak& androssi part, it's rich, people.

this chapter is interesting, but I want some real action.
fortunately there is probably going to be some in the next chapter.

translation of chapter.

Spoiler

Author's words in blog for chapter 62

Spoiler

according to other blog posts, he's having an infection in his stomach and he threw up a lot. his wrist isn't that great either.
poor SIU, but i still don't want him to miss an update..

part of blog post for chapter 61-
Spoiler

that bit was just for the Leesoo comment. whoohooo!XD

Edited by Cadence, 05 September 2011 - 09:06 AM.

shackle

shackle

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 13 posts
thank you for the translation

Oscuro

Oscuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
thanks for everything Cadence, you are amazing as always! <3
I hope SIU's health will be alright ASAP....

I think the point of the bet will be preventing Ren of stealing Black March, he will not expect that Anak doesn't have it.

RedGlow

RedGlow

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 41 posts
Thanks Cadence! I enjoy reading the authors bits, and definitely approve of the BaamxAndrossi pair =)... at least until he shows us Lahel's worth.
Posted Image

cedufasi

cedufasi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Thank you Cadence.

dedo

dedo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
so nice the part that the bull just forget leeso when androssi aproaches, its like he was thinking leeso isnt really that delicious

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts
Like the rest of the posters thank to Cadence for all his hard work on the translation. While I liked the chapter I did feel for as many frames there are the plot didn't move as much as I thought it could have. Glad the author also thought the same way.

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
Now although the chapter seems pretty plain, it does bring up a few questions.

1. What problems will arise from this test?

We see that the plan that the team is using is pretty basic:
1. The strongest pair takes on the Bull.
2. The spearbearers snipe the Worms from a range.
3. The rest faces the Thieves and Dogs.

As Koon said, the problem is the worms.
If the spearbearers DO attack the worms, there's no doubt that a fight is going to erupt between the Regulars and thieves. If this happens, then, depending on where the dogs are coming from, the whales are wide open to attack. Additionally, if the thieves are stronger than expected, this fact holds even more weight.
Another problem is that the worms can burrow underground. When the fight begins, there's no telling if an enemy is going to sneak past the team's defenses.

A second question to consider - Why does Androssi want to acquire Black March, and why would she bet her own future?

From what I have observed, she's extremely confident and she looks down on the other Regulars because of her status as Princess. She does, however, know her place in the Tower. When she saw Anak take possession of Black March, she told Anak that it belonged to Yuri and that she would die if she continued carrying it. Furthermore, when she and Baam were holding a conversation about Yuri, she spoke about her as if she was a person to be feared. Another problem is that Black March won't listen to any woman. Despite all this, Androssi continued with the bet.

So far, I can think of 2 possible reasons why she would go along:
1. She's worried for Anak's safety. Androssi said herself that she felt that Anak shouldn't fail, and that she wanted to climb the Tower with her.
2. She wants to take it, and return in to Baam. The two have been on friendly terms for a while, PLUS she now knows he's an irregular, one with unknown power and potential.

A follow-up to the question above is: After the Bull issue is dealt with, what about Yuga (Ren)?

There's little doubt that he's going to make an appearance in the test, seeing as he already made his intentions clear. Now, just from this, I can anticipate an answer like - Yuri's going to suddenly appear and save the day (I favor this outcome by the way), but what about the other possibilities?

A penny for your thoughts. :D

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts
The spear Bears probably plan to kill the worms from uber long range so that after the worms are gone they can just scram.

Also If the worms are gone why fight the theves or the dogs. Just turn them on each other

As Koon said the only real problem that the regulars have is the Bull which I'm guessing is really strong otherwise this test would be easy.

Edited by Funfreek, 06 September 2011 - 03:08 AM.

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts

Like the rest of the posters thank to Cadence for all his hard work on the translation. While I liked the chapter I did feel for as many frames there are the plot didn't move as much as I thought it could have. Glad the author also thought the same way.

yes, yes, welcome....except I'm a girl! TT

thanks for everything Cadence, you are amazing as always! <3
I hope SIU's health will be alright ASAP....

I think the point of the bet will be preventing Ren of stealing Black March, he will not expect that Anak doesn't have it.

nice prediction... but if Androssi does prevent it, what good does it do to her? hmm.
plus, does Androssi know that Yuga is Ren at all?
so much things to consider. but then, that's why ToG is so interesting.

A second question to consider - Why does Androssi want to acquire Black March, and why would she bet her own future?

From what I have observed, she's extremely confident and she looks down on the other Regulars because of her status as Princess. She does, however, know her place in the Tower. When she saw Anak take possession of Black March, she told Anak that it belonged to Yuri and that she would die if she continued carrying it. Furthermore, when she and Baam were holding a conversation about Yuri, she spoke about her as if she was a person to be feared. Another problem is that Black March won't listen to any woman. Despite all this, Androssi continued with the bet.

So far, I can think of 2 possible reasons why she would go along:
1. She's worried for Anak's safety. Androssi said herself that she felt that Anak shouldn't fail, and that she wanted to climb the Tower with her.
2. She wants to take it, and return in to Baam. The two have been on friendly terms for a while, PLUS she now knows he's an irregular, one with unknown power and potential.

A follow-up to the question above is: After the Bull issue is dealt with, what about Yuga (Ren)?

There's little doubt that he's going to make an appearance in the test, seeing as he already made his intentions clear. Now, just from this, I can anticipate an answer like - Yuri's going to suddenly appear and save the day (I favor this outcome by the way), but what about the other possibilities?

A penny for your thoughts. :D

well, I don't think Androssi is going to give the black march to Baam. they are pretty close, but look at Androssi's face when she says "the black march will be mine~!" maybe it's comic relief, but that face doesn't look like she's trying to get that for baam.

I think the most possible answer is "for anak", like you said. Androssi looks like she is very attached to Anak, especially when part of the reason that she betrayed her team is that she wanted anak to pass.

or maybe the simplest reason... she just wants Black March, period. no plans or plots. of course the way that ToG's been going, it's not going to be that simple, but still... she took Hong chunhwa's Narmada(the ignition weapon) didn't she?

and about the Ren thing, I think Yuri coming is quite possible. she's almost there... I can picture the scene right now. hehe
or maybe it's just me wanting to see more of Yuri?

Avonesor

Avonesor

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 57 posts
My thoughts on the Black March affair are as follows:

1. She will only listen to Baam and perhaps, probably, eventually, maybe to Yuri - all the others are no go.
2. Androssi will not acquire the Black March - no way, no chance - and besides her character will make her rejected without her even trying to do an ignition.
3. Anak will hold the Black March only for a little while longer and then she will give it to Baan on her own accord, because they will need its(her) strength and only Baam can call upon it.
:consequentially the fight with the bull will somehow end with a draw or no clear winner, because I really don't see Androssi as a slave
4. Ren will come for the Black March and most probably this will be the moment when Baam gets it back in order to protect it.
5. Baam will return Black March to Yuri and I hope Yuri will finally be able to start an ignition and we will see some real top-high-ranker action.

Pasteduck

Pasteduck

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 697 posts

yes, yes, welcome....except I'm a girl! TT

Thank you either way.

Edited by Pasteduck, 06 September 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts
When I found out about the test from the guardian I frist thought that the reasion that Yu dident fight Ren is because there was no way that Ren could interfear with the test so who cares.
Now I'm not so shure about that because Yuris going too. Could she not know about the guardians test

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
Really, I think there are a few questions to be answered before we can predict anything about Androssi and Anak's bet-

So, does Androssi know:
1. ...that Yuga is Ren?
Even though Androssi is very skilled and is a Princess of Zahard, I don't think she is as good as Yu. she probably doesn't know that Yuga is Ren, or that she is a RED(Royal Enforcement Division)

2. ...that the Black March does not work for girls?
Anak and Leesoo are the only regulars the author directly mentioned in the story that knows this. but I'd probably say yes to this question...

3. another question, what does Androssi gain if Ren fails to get the Black March?
I don't really see any obvious answer to this question...

4. One more question, what will happen to the Black March if Ren succeeds in getting it?

...and just a side question, just for fun-not looking at the bet, or the effect that it has on the overall storyline, just look at their individual strength, who do you think is more likely to defeat the bull first?

I vote on Androssi-honestly speaking, Anak hasn't shown any particular strength except that she has a 13 Month. and technically she isn't a real princess of zahard, her mom was. of course, she is very good at using her green april... but i still think androssi is stronger.